Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Caroling...and Wassailing...

Tonight instead of our regular prayer meeting at church, the whole church went to area nursing homes/assisted living facilities and sang Christmas carols. Afterward many of us returned to the church for cookies and hot chocolate or wassail.

We had a pretty big group (they didn't all fit in this picture), but I think last year's group was a little bit bigger.




















Here Riley greets Miss Maggie. Maggie is a member of our church and lives in one of the facilities we visited. Everyone LOVES Miss Maggie!


I love the expression on Cheney's face in this one. (He's the little boy in the center in front wearing green)










My friend Denise accompanied the carolers on the piano.







This is our friend Billy on the left and the pastor, Mitch on the right. They really look like they are up to no good don't they?!














After caroling we returned to the church for snacks and everyone sat around visiting for a little while.

My friend Denise and me.






This is me with one of my favorite 4-year olds, Katie. Denise is Katie's mom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Denise's eyes are closed AGAIN

E @ Scottsville said...

Looks like y'all had a good time. I'm sad I missed caroling this year. Thanks for watching our kiddos for us!!!

Pages

Pages - Menu