Sunday, December 23, 2007

Walkin' with Mama

Sunday afternoon after everyone returned from church and after Lacey arrived to visit, Mom, Levi, Lacey, Marty and I decided to walk down to the creek. It was pretty cold so I dressed warm and grabbed my warm gloves. I discovered when my cell phone began to ring that I had cell phone service at the top of the hill in the woods! My warm gloves did no good against the cold when I removed them to answer text messages from friends. Boy did I freeze my fingers! I got no sympathy from those waiting for me to finish photographing and finish texting so we could go back to the house!





I love this photo of Levi and Lacey walking in the field together.







The creek was pretty dry but had water in a few spots.









This is the slew that is on the property between Mom's and Grandpa's. I don't know what the term slew means or even if it's just a hillbilly term, just know that this is what we've always called this particular body of water.












Marty and Levi at the slew. I sure miss the days when Levi and Marty were close, before Levi became addicted to drugs and chose a lifestyle so hurtful to himself and everyone around him. It was good to see Levi during this trip and to see that so far he's remained clean. Continue to keep him in your prayers.





Mom's typical "pose."




Levi, Lacey and Mom.





Not sure what this is growing on the side of a stump but it looked cool.






Frost flower. (actually not a flower at all, but just frost on the ground that looks like flowers. They're everywhere after the frost begins to thaw.





3 comments:

E @ Scottsville said...

Oh, my dad always called our two ponds "Stock Tanks" and then we had the 'gulley' that we kids played in all the time. Funny the different terms used in different areas. =0)

Anonymous said...

the slue used to be one of my favorite places to go!! the best "muddin" hole around cause its the "blue mud" instead of clay or brown mud. i dont know what the proper term of "blue mud" is but i know its rare to be found. its more sticky and icky then clay mud!!!!!! great place to play in the mud!!! one of my favorite things to do!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hey if we were playing scrabble, i would challenge you, if you will look up the word 'SLOUGH" YOU WILL FIND IT MEANS A PLACE OF DEEP MUD OR MIRE. iTS ONE OF MY FAVORITE PLACES TOO, jOAN AND TOOK A WALK THERE TODAY, DIDNT SEE ANYTHING THOUGH. MISS YOU GUYS MOM

Pages

Pages - Menu