Monday, December 17, 2007

This One's For You, Heather

Heather informed me this evening that today is Missy's birthday and we needed to buy her presents. Sounds logical, right? Except that Missy is our dog! But, since Darla stole the dog bed I stole from Denise at our white elephant gift exchange Saturday....and since Marty was ready to go buy one as soon as we left the party and I wouldn't let him because I wanted to go home....we went to the pet store to look at dog beds. I've been teasing Marty since we got Missy and he became so attached to her that I was going to get her something pink to wear. Marty's very anti-pink and Missy sits with him in his chair every night. I've told him how cute she'd look sitting there decked out in pink. He just snarls his nose at me every time I bring it up. So tonight, Heather and I bought a dog birthday presents. Yep, it's official: dorks r us! (As if it wasn't already!) ha!


We bought her a bed and a hooded sweatshirt (pink, of course) that says "Diva" across the back. Then, because every dog needs a dog tag on their collar (of course her collar is pink too!), we bought a heart-shaped dog tag with pink rhinestones and had it engraved while we waited.



Check her out in her new digs:






Missy: "Ugh, Heather stop choking me with that thing!"







Missy checks out her new bed.






Showing Marty her new clothes.







The Diva seems to like her new comfy bed.






She seems to be pretending to be uninterested.






Shy Missy.







I'm tired now. Go away and leave me alone.

13 comments:

E @ Scottsville said...

Oh my! How did Marty respond when he came home and saw her all dressed in PINK?! =0)

Tammy said...

He was a great sport. He just shook his head and laughed at us.

Kim said...

Enjoyed my visit. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

oh my!! my sister has done gone and lost her ever loving mind-(appears not that she ever had one!!)

mom help she done lost it!!!!!!!!!!!

you dressed a dog?!?!??!??!

:) just kidding she looks adorable!!!!!!!!!!

cant wait to see you in a few days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

busysingersmom said...

How cute! Bri would love to dress Rowdy in pink, only I won't let her because he's a boy. :s But that didn't stop her from polishing his toenails when they were both younger! ha.

Anonymous said...

Too dog-gone cute!

Mr Mike

Anonymous said...

im just surprised you hadnt dressed her up befor this, I love it, especially since it is pink!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Missy is to cute for words!! Loved the pink outfit! Would have loved to seen the look on Marty's face.... Go Heather!

Anonymous said...

THAT’S WHATS WRONG WITH THE WORLD TODAY!! PEOPLE REALLY DO DRESS THEIR DOGS UP!!! THAT’S RIDICULOUS!!!!

:) :) :) HAHA

Tammy said...

Lacey, I'm just impressed you could spell "ridiculous".

:0P

See ya in a few days sis!

Anonymous said...

:) SEE IM SMARTER THEN YOU THOUGHT!!!!!!! :)

Tammy said...

Nah Lacey...you probably just asked a coworker how to spell it! :0P

Anonymous said...

bobby said any color but pink. and lacey your uncle put sweaters on dogs too. not the two new ones yet. they just get in his lap and then you can't fine him when they do, all female of all type need a little pink.lol. marie

Pages

Pages - Menu