Monday, July 28, 2008

My Latest Photography MisAdventure



When I stop to photograph something, Marty's constantly reminding me to look where I'm going and to watch where I'm stepping. As he knows, I get so absorbed in what I'm viewing through the lens I have no sense of what's arround me sometimes. I'm also a klutz. Case in point: I saw some flowers at the entrance to our subdivision that I wanted to photograph but didn't stop to do so on my way home. After dinner I asked Marty if he wanted to go with me back out to take pictures. He agreed and off we went. I snapped several photos and as often happens when I'm squatted down taking pictures, I lost my balance. USUALLY I manage to keep myself from falling over. NOT THIS TIME! Somehow I rolled over and landed flat on my back. I bloodied my knee, scraped my foot and as was discovered later, I busted a piece off of my sunglasses. I got up and resumed taking photos. The camera was not harmed. I was more focused on keeping it from crashing than myself! I managed to get into the fire ants more than once and now have my feet, knees and one hand covered in fire ant bites. Soon after the first few fire ant bites and right after my graceful fall I discovered all the photos I'd taken were for not. I didn't even have a flash card in my camera! This was not my night! But as is usually the case, I had a backup card in my camera bag and retrieved it and started over.










To top it off, now my nose is running, my eye is watering, and I'm sneezing....I guess I'm allergic to these flowers.




But, I'd still do it all again for a picture! :0)









8 comments:

E @ Scottsville said...

The first shot alone made it worth it! But I was laughing at the thought of it all.

Good job!

Anonymous said...

two words: your nuts!!!!!!!!

Lana said...

You are so funny! I do agree the pictures were well worth it!

Sherri Kaye said...

Beautiful Pictures! I am so jealous...well not of the ant bites and scraped knee...:)

Angela said...

WOW! Love that first photo. And, of couse it was worth it:-)

Cátia said...

great shots.... I love the yellow flowers`
wonderful pictures

Unknown said...

You take lovely photos. Wish I could do that but I'll leave it to someone like you who has good eyes on photography and I'll just admire them :)

Unknown said...

Oh no Tammy! You are hilarous. Ah, the things we do for a great shot, no? I hope you are recovering from all this excitment. Those ant bites would have been the end of me. I would be a big swollen mess. :)

Pages

Pages - Menu