Thursday, August 21, 2008

Coffee and Bloggers

Today was a HECTIC day! To top it off, after work I rushed to Heather's school for "Meet the Teacher." Heather was released from dance camp early so she could meet her teachers and obtain her schedule for school. She had a 30 minute window to get to all her teachers, but we didn't get to them all. We met several though, and spent too long visiting with her web mastery teacher when we discovered he is also the Photography Club sponsor.




As soon as Meet the Teacher was over I took Heather to meet Marty and I left them to meet fellow bloggers downtown for coffee. What a great way to unwind after a busy day! Erica and I met fellow blogger Thien and chatted the evening away. We'd never offcially met Thien before but the 3 of us often read and comment on one anothers' blogs. Erica and I discovered we'd been pronouncing Thien's name wrong all this time (we were pronouncing it Theen and it's actually pronounced Tin). Thien didn't even notice our mispronunciation...or she is just a great sport! :0)





Local bloggers from left to right:
Me, Erica, and Thien




We chatted about blogging, our families, how we started blogging, and our shared interests in photography (wow all my favorite things!).


Erica and Thien




I truly enjoyed the evening and look forward to another such outing in the future! It was so great to finally meet you, Thien!

2 comments:

E @ Scottsville said...

It was fun! Maybe more local bloggers will join us next time, too. =0)

Unknown said...

Super fun. And hopefully our group will grow and grow. But I am so happy to have met both you and Erica, Tammy.

And thanks for the photos! You are good as I actually don't look all self conscious in your photos. LOL.

Have a great weekend!

Pages

Pages - Menu