Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Happy Birthday Regina! (a day early)

My sister Regina will be 36 years old tomorrow, making us the same age until I turn 37 next week. Happy Early Birthday, Regina! We are getting way too close to 40!!! We should still be in our 20's with little ones underfoot...not the mommies of teenagers. How did this happen so fast?





In November, 2001 Regina and her family came to Texas for Thanksgiving with us. The weather was beautiful and they really enjoyed their time here. We went to Starcke Park to take pictures, we went to the RiverWalk and to the Alamo too. Every year they say they want to come back to Texas for Thanksgiving again, but we usually go to Missouri instead. This year we'll go for Christmas instead. I'm really looking forward to spending Christmas with my family and having time to look up old friends. Lacey is already planning a day for all us girls to make cookies and Christmas candy, just like we all did when we were kids. Suzanne and I are making plans to get together so I can catch up with all the dance moms from the days our girls danced at C&C Fitness Factory in West Plains. I'm hoping to at least catch up with Rusell for coffee before he heads to his sister's for Christmas so he can meet Marty and Heather.





Regina, you have to come back to Texas soon because now I know my way around better and have found so many places you'll love to see!









I took Regina and her family to Starcke Park to look around and to take pictures. I love this photo I took of Regina that day.











Here's one she took of me. I seem to be thinking...."hurry up already!"











Regina's family: husband Greg and kids Brandon and Danielle. She is really blessed with a wonderful family!












Brandon and Danielle. Of course the kids are older and bigger now. Brandon is 16 and driving (scary thought, especially if his Mama taught him!!!) Let's hope our kids don't drive like we did! Who knew an old Ford Pinto and a 1977 Plymouth Fury could move so fast??? Gosh we were crazy racing on CC Highway and AB Highway! Remember the night the cow was in the road???














Me and Regina. Sisters are Forever Friends.






_____________________________________________________



Per Regina's request, here is a more recent photo of her that she sent that was taken during a recent mission trip to El Salvador. She says she looks younger now than in the pictures I posted above--see her comment below!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may think we are 36 but I'm not. It's how old you are at heart and I hang with teens all the time so that cuts out about.... at least 10 years making me around 25. (remember in El Salvador everyone thought I was Brandon's sister and Greg's daughter)
We definetly had a peaceful time in Texas that year. We will be back eventually.... whenever that is.
You need to put in an updated picture of me (I actually look younger now--- well as long as I don't put my contacts in)
one full week that we are twins....
hey what are you wearing tomorrow??......
Love you!!!

CPA Mom said...

I wish sisters were always forever friends. I'm jealous of you two. Happy Birthday Regina!

CPA Mom said...

I wish sisters were always forever friends. I'm jealous of you two. Happy Birthday Regina!

Pages

Pages - Menu