Monday, July 30, 2007

Lacey

I am the 2nd of five children. I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters. The youngest is my sister Lacey. I was 14 years old when Lacey was born and I considered her my very own, real live baby doll. I loved babysitting her, taking her places with me, dressing her up and of course taking pictures of her. I like to think I was a great help to mom with the little ones (my brother Levi and Lacey are both considerably younger than I).


Lacey was a very sweet, loving child and I enjoyed her very much. When I graduated high school and moved to Arizona to continue my education Lacey was 4 years old and cried and cried when I left. I think she missed me more than anyone else did, except maybe Levi. Even months later I'd call home and Mom would tell me that Lacey was still crying in the night for me to come home.









Lacey in our great-grandmother's big chair.







Lacey, age 3












When Lacey was 6, our sister Regina got married. What I remember most about Lacey that day was her broken heart because Greg married Regina and not her!






Lacey at her high school graduation.

Remember earlier, when I said what a sweet, loving child Lacey was? Well that all changed when she was a teenager! All that spoiling sure had a price tag. She was the moodiest, crankiest teenager I have ever seen! Thank God she seems to have outgrown that phase in the past couple of years! Whenever I become frustrated with my own moody teenage daughter, I remember Lacey and praise God again. (Sorry, Lacey, but you know how true it is! You also know I love you!)


Recently Lacey got married and unfortunately I was unable to travel to the wedding. Mom just sent me a cd of the pictures so here are some of them:




Lacey and Casey.







Grandma caught Lacey's bouquet!!! Go Grandma!!!


Mom and Lacey.


4 comments:

E @ Scottsville said...

I'm sure Lacey will see this comment, so this is to her too....

"You look beautiful, Lacey!" =0)

Enjoyed the pics.

E

Anonymous said...

lacey has became a preatty lady and she was the star at her wedding. she is still everyone lacey. lovebobby and mar

Anonymous said...

THANKS EVERYBODY!!! YES IM VERY GLAD WE ALL MADE IT THROUGH THOSE TEEN YEARS!!! AND IM SORRY I WAS SO MOODY AND CRANKIE!!! I JUST PRAY HEATHER AND DANIELLE REMEMBER THE WAY I WAS SO THEY WONT BE!!! I DID AND SAID A LOT THAT I REALLY REGET, BUT IM SOOOO THANKFUL THAT MY FAMILY FORGAVE ME OF MOST :) BUT I HAVE NEVER BEEN AS HAPPY AS I AM NOW!!! CASEY IS THE GREATEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPEND TO ME!! TAMMY I WISH U COULD HAVE BEEN THERE AND I UNDERSTAND WHY U COULDNT MAKE IT!!! ENJOY THE PICS!! HEY WHAT DID U THINK OF THE WEDDING CAKE??? COOL HUH????? WELL TAMMY THANK YOU AND I LOVE AND STILL MISS YOU SO MUCH......I DONT THINK I CRY AS MUCH NOW THAT IM OLDER...................:)

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pics. And, of course, a gorgeous bride.

Hey, is it wrong of me to say when I saw the pic of your mom, I thought it was mine?

Pages

Pages - Menu