Sunday, October 14, 2007

Davy

I have introduced you to my siblings (Lacey, Levi, and Regina), and now I'm introducing you to my older brother Davy. Davy is one year, two weeks, and one day older than I am. I've never been quite as close to Davy as my other siblings. It's not that we don't get along, we do. We just don't have as much in common as he and the others do. I love him dearly and always will. I'm sure I puzzle him just as much as he does me! :0)






I remember once when we were in elementary school and one of his buddies was giving me a hard time. I was so surprised when Davy went up to his friend and let him know I was his sister and he'd better not mess with me. He'd never done anything like that before and I was so impressed he did then.







Some of my fondest memories of Davy are when we'd have snow days and we'd track each other in the snow. He was always the best at that game and he'd often lose us by swinging on the grape vines and we wouldn't be able to find where his tracks had disappeared to! Too bad those tracking skills didn't come in handy the winter he and my brother in law Greg got lost in the woods in the "Devil's Backbone" wilderness of the Mark Twain National Forest! That was years ago, but it is still brought up from time to time for a chuckle. Of course at the time of the search, no part of it was funny. Now that I think about it, it's just so wrong that the men in my family have a tendency to give us girls a hard time about our lack of a good sense of direction. I know my sisters and I have never had a search party looking for us! Marty once even got lost in the woods behind my mom's house when we lived there. And he's the worst about giving me a hard time about my sense of direction! I'm thinking the next time he or Davy has something to say about that, I'll have to remind them of their rescues!







I seldom talk to Davy. He stays pretty busy between taking care of his place, working construction and various other jobs, and farming. And FISHING. I think fishing is his life. Literally. Thankfully he has a wife who encourages his enthusiasm for the sport. Imagine my surprise when I arrived home this evening to a message on my voice mail from Davy! He's finally coming to Texas....to go fishing in Del Rio. I always knew the only way I'd see him in Texas was if he was coming to go fishing! Apparently he'll be in Del Rio for his birthday and wants us to go to Del Rio to take him out for his birthday. We've been looking at the calendar and it looks like it may just work out!!!






Davy and Lis, at their wedding a few years ago.






Davy is all "Country Boy" and he and Lis roasted marshmallows on their first date. So...they wanted to roast marshmallows at their wedding too.

Davy and me when I was 8 months old.






Several years ago, when Marty and I still lived in Missouri, most of my family attended the same little church where my parents were married. My sister Regina directed an Easter pageant and Davy portrayed Jesus.

Davy and Heather when Heather was 3 months old. This is the first time my family met Heather. She and I flew from Phoenix to Missouri to spend Thanksgiving with my family. Dad sent us plane tickets so he could "see that baby!" The next time we flew in for a visit she cried when most of the male relatives held her. But she liked for Davy and my Uncle Bobby to hold her! We figured it was because they had long hair like her daddy had at the time!

Davy hitched a ride with Mom, Dad, Levi and Lacey when they came to visit us in Arizona. Here are Levi, Marty and Davy when Marty was showing them around the farm where he worked. The steer, a Watussi, is "Beauregard," a pet of the dairy farm's owner. Beauregard had been to obedience school and part of Marty's job was to continue his training each day.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

davy is a very unique individual!! and yes fishing is his life, but its ok. i hope yall do get to see him in del rio!!!!!!!!!!!! have fun......... take a pole and go with him :) :)

Anonymous said...

bobby said keep the good work going on the family. pic. he loved the one with you and davy it brings back the past.love ya all

Pages

Pages - Menu