Monday, October 29, 2007

Starcke Park

After I finished my photo session Saturday I dedided to snap a few new pictures of the river before heading home and before all the leaves fall off the trees. It was a beautiful day to be in the park. I wish I'd taken Marty and Heather with me to just enjoy the nice weather before it turns cold.




I'm hoping next weekend's weather is just as nice. We're going to Del Rio to see my older brother Davy, who is in Texas for the next 2 weeks fishing. Davy will be 38 years old tomorrow. I've been teasing him the past few years about how close he's getting to 40 and he always reminds me I'm not far behind. Thanks Davy!

When we were kids, this time of year was always an exciting time. Halloween falls the day after Davy's birthday, Regina's birthday a week after Haloween, and mine the following week. Our poor parents! Can you imagine having 3 children with birthdays a week apart? No wonder we usually shared birthday parties and I even remember once we combined birthday parties with a halloween party.

There was even a year Regina and I were allowed to have slumber parties...at the same time! Was my mom crazy or what??? I remember we were supposed to be in bed and quiet by a certain time because Dad had to work the next day. That didn't happen. We were not in bed and we were loud. Until late. Regina and I shared a room at the time, but for that night Davy got kicked out of his room and sent to the couch so my slumber party could be held in his room. Both groups ended up in one room and we broke Davy's bed. We slept the rest of the night on a slanted bed! For some reason that's the only slumber party we had. Can you imagine?!?

Regina's birthday is a week before mine, but she's younger so we always told everyone we were twins during the week before my birthday arrived. Last year we both forgot. I get one week where I can be the same age as her and not older. I'll take what I can get. I've always teased her that she's younger but I look younger. We've always liked to keep people guessing!

Happy Birthday a little early Davy and Regina!!! See you at Christmas!


_________________________________


Head over to "Fairest of Them All" to read my friend Suzanne's tribute to Country Music Legend

Porter Wagoner.







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok i read "fairest of them all" since i cant leave a comment on her's i will leave it here:

thats awesome!!

tammy--who are u talking about when u mentiond Porter dated grandma's sister????????

and yes Porter WagnorBlvd. has lots of memories good and bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gram said...

Beautiful pictures of the river!

Tammy said...

Lacey,
Grandma used to tell me Porter Wagoner dated her sister Goldie.

Pages

Pages - Menu