Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Things Daddys do for their Daughters!

Every year during half time of the final home football game, the dance team girls perform a dance with their dads. Practice began today for this year's number. Marty was a great sport and agreed to dance with Heather. We've been teasing him about this since she began dancing on the drill team last year. This year's dance is a disco number! Those of you who know Marty know how funny this is going to be! It was fun to watch these dads from all walks of life disco for their daughters. There were "country boys," a harley dad, a teacher...you name it. I got the biggest kick out of watching my friend Krystal's husband Walter during practice today. He's a cheerleading dad but was asked by one of the dancers to step in and be her "Bob" for the "Bob and Sue" dance. Walter was really getting with it and cracking us all up! One of the girls, Cleary, is injured and wasn't able to practice so she sat and chatted with me while I took pictures. She decided Marty looks like a giant 12 year old!







I'm trying to picture all these girls and their dads in their disco costumes! Be watching for that post on November 9, when they'll be performing during the half time show! What fun that's going to be! The song they're dancing to is "Disco Inferno." And the line from the song that keeps playing in my head is, "burn, baby, burn!"







Now....where to find 70's clothing for Marty and Heather.....and how to convince Marty to WEAR it????






Anyone in the mood to watch "Saturday Night Fever"?





















This is my buddy Walter. I'll be emailing some of these pictures to Krystal!!!




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh u HAVE TO have someone video tape this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and then we can watch it at CHRISTMAS!!!!! :) :) :)

E @ Scottsville said...

Good idea. I wanna see the tape, too!!!! Way to strike a pose, Mar-taaaaay.... (can ya hear it?)

E

Anonymous said...

i over heard three of the moms saying they were going to video the performance. so... i'm sure i can get a copy for someone

heather

Anonymous said...

I HOPE YOU CAN HEATHER!! ARE U NERVOUS?????

Anonymous said...

me??? nervous?????? no way!!!

Anonymous said...

cleary says thanks for mentioning her in the blog...


heather

busysingersmom said...

Go Marty!!! :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

WHAT ABOUT MARTY HE NERVOUS????

I THINK YOUR ALL NUTS :) :) :)

Gram said...

I knew you would participate in the dance, Marty! You are making great memories with Heather-----and things to laugh about in a few years.

Pages

Pages - Menu