Saturday, October 13, 2007

Guadalupe County Fair....Finale

We spent almost all of today at the fair. Our church sponsored a series of mini gospel concerts at the fair and teams were needed to be on hand throughout the day to pass out free bottles of water, etc. We decided to just be there for the whole day. It did make for a long day, but we had fun and I rode some rides while we were there (imagine that!). My father in law Freddie rode a couple of rides with me then when Jason was through with his turn passing out water he rode the Cliff Hanger with me. Once again Heather was absent so I had to look for people who liked to ride rides. (Heather spent the day at another band competition and they did excellent!)




When Marty and I were wondering around the fair we spent some time enjoying the Alpacas. They are beautiful animals and really fascinating. My favorite is the one on the left! They are soooo soft!


When my mother in law and father in law finished their turn passing out water bottles Freddie went on a couple of rides with me. First we went on The Storm, which spins round and round very very fast. Freddie was so funny on this one, acting so goofy!!!


I know...what a flattering shot! Thanks, Marty! The force of the ride was so strong I could hardly move my head!



Next we rode The Tornado. I think Freddie thought if he spun it fast enough he'd make me sick. Wrong! Guess who felt ill after this ride and wouldn't ride anymore? Right! Freddie!


Soon after, Jason arrived and rode the Cliff Hanger with me. Here we're ready for take off. Notice my shoes in my hands. I was afraid if I left them on my feet, I'd lose them so the carnival worker decided I should just hold them. Jason looks as if he's praying here!

"Hey, Jason, is this what it feels like to be Superman you think?"



Here are Mathew, his friend Beau, and Cameron riding the Cliff Hanger.

Erica, we sure missed you today!!!

_______________________________________________________________

Here are the results of my entries in the photography exhibition at the fair I posted about here:

The photo I entered in the people category placed 3rd and the butterly picture I entered in the wildlife category also placed 3rd. My pastor entered a photo he'd taken of a turtle underwater and placed 2nd.

5 comments:

E @ Scottsville said...

You have no idea how bad I wanted to be THERE instead of here lying around all day! I'm sorry you were lonely.... You know I'd have hung out with you!

Anonymous said...

GLAD U HAD A GOOD TIME!!! I MISS GOING TO THE FAIR W/ U AND MARTY :) WELL I MISS DOING A LOT OF THINGS W/ U GUYS IM READY FOR U TO MOVE HOME...I KNOW IKNOW U LOVE TEXAS :) HAVE FUN AND KEEP POSTING!!!!!! :)

Tammy said...

Lacey, we miss you too. If we didn't live here, you wouldn't have an excuse to drive to Texas for a few days to fish at the coast here!!!

Anonymous said...

thats very true :) love ya

Gram said...

No one asked me to ride! I guess I was too busy this time with all of the other events for the day. Maybe next time.

Pages

Pages - Menu