Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Attempting to Capture the Moon

Sunday night as we were driving home a friend called to tell us to grab my camera and check out the moon. Rarely am I without my camera, but that night I was. So, I had to wait until I arrived home. Then, I had to wait until the moon climbed higher in the sky to be seen above the tree line! I did not capture a single photo the way I wanted to. Here are a few of the results of the things I did try. I will be reading up on more techniques for moon capturing now!








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I DONT KNOW WHY BUT THE MOON IS THE HARDEST THING TO TAKE A PIC OF!! CASEY TELLS ME THAT IF U LEAVE CLOTHES OUT OVERNIGHT THE MOON WILL BLEACH THEM, IS THIS TRUE?????????

Anonymous said...

I like the last one the best

photo_chiq said...

The moon is an elusive capture you have to take it on a tripod and you have to keep adjusting the shutter speed until you get the desired shot. If your camera is digital then you have a better chance at capturing it. Use a remote shutter or set the camera to delay the shutter so you dont get any camera shake when you take the shot. I hope this helps a little. Practice makes perfect! Keep trying and you will get what you want! Some of the shots you took for a first attempt are really good I am thinking it will only take a few more attempts for you to master the art.

Pages

Pages - Menu