Friday, July 6, 2007

Fireworks

I've been anxious for the 4th of July so I could try out my new camera on the fireworks. I have a great book I bought with all kinds of tips on my specific camera....but I forgot to read about how to capture the best fireworks ahead of time!!!! These could have been so much better had I taken the time to drag out the tripod...but I was lazy and left it sitting in the car. There is a free display of fireworks every year at the park. We usually park somewhere near the park or at the gas station up the street to watch the display. Here's what I got, but they don't even compare to Pioneer Woman's! Ree rocks!










After we arrived home from the downtown fireworks display, the guys pulled out some fireworks left over from years past.



Riley and the sparklers:







Cameron looks like he's doing some sort of "fire dance"




Roman Candles:








Just something they pulled out of the bag and lit on fire:



________________________________________________________


Carmen, Mom to the Screaming Masses has nominated me for a "Rockin' Girl Blogger" award. Woo Hoo! Thanks, Carmen!







I, in turn, am supposed to nominate 5 other bloggers. Because I'm so new to the world of blog, I don't yet read many blogs regularly so I'm awarding the Rockin' Girl Blogger to 2 blogs I read daily. Here are my choices:



1. Pioneer Woman
Ree is funny , takes gorgeous photos and is my "morning cup of coffee". I read her first thing every morning.



2. Thatch the Journey
Angela posts stories about Thatcher from his point of view (Does this mean I should award him a Rockin' Boy Blogger award???). She's creative and funny and I enjoy watching her son grow through pictures. (She's also my boss' daughter).

So grab the button above, post it on your blog and go name your faves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the wonderful day. We had a great time, even if the sun didn't give us too much tan time.

.....And by the way, I don't care how much Jason pays you, he's not getting a motorcycle til 2018! =0)

E

Jenni said...

And this is why I followed your link in Ree's comments. Her blog has gotten me very interested in photography. I'm saving up for a better camera now and learning in the meantime.

So what kind of camera do you have? I'll have to look around more for a post about it.

You had some really lovely photos in the post about the Harlin Museum contest. The fireworks came out nice, too. I found it very difficult to shoot the fireworks with my camera, a glorified point and shoot with a few manual options. I'm slow and so is my camera, so still subjects are so much easier!

Pages

Pages - Menu