Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Why I Love Him So

I was trying to figure out what I'd post about tonight, or whether I even had anything new to post. We've been home from church barely an hour and I already have new pictures to post, thanks to my wonderful, sweet husband!!! Our plan for the rest of this week was that we'd relax last night, attend church tonight, and continue yard work tomorrow night. We'd been discussing the wheres, hows, and ins and outs of having a fire pit for a while now, especially since our trip browsing through the camping section of Cabela's. After enjoying Erica's fire pit, we've been discussing our own fire pit even more. I really like her use of logs as seats around the fire and had expressed interest in doing the same thing here. Marty told me last night he already had an idea for our seating and for the pit itself and how he'd like to build it. As soon as we arrived home from church he changed his clothes and went outside to cut down one more tree (that we'd planned to take care of tomorrow). He had it down and piled up so fast! The next time I looked out to see what he was up to, I grabbed the camera and headed outside for a closer look.




We've started a pile of logs, ready for the fire pit, when it gets built:


Marty, hard at work stacking more logs on the pile:

I'm soooo excited!!! Here is one of the benches Marty engineered for seating around our fire pit. I love it! He had the tree cut, the logs stacked, and 2 benches built in less than an hour! (I (who never likes him to cut down trees!) then asked him if he could cut down one more for 2 more benches)


Relaxing with Missy:




My hero!

1 comment:

busysingersmom said...

Wow! Great benches. Go Marty! :)


Suzanne

Pages

Pages - Menu