Saturday, July 21, 2007

We're a Bit Soggy....

We've had an unusually wet spring and summer here. Yesterday it poured most of the day, creating flooding in many areas. The highway to the church where I work became impassable until the rain let up enough the water could recede. By the time I left work and drove around to see what everything looked like, it was passable again. The closest bridge over the river is still flooded today, but many of the low water crossings are open. Our pastor lives on the river and he and his wife are on vacation. As soon as was possible several friends headed there to see if anything needed to be moved to higher ground. I didn't arrive soon enough to snap any pictures of the three men who waded out to raise the boat higher, which is probably a good thing since one of them was my husband and I generally don't like to watch him and his "daredevil" antics.




Here's the scene from the landing on the stairs to the house:



The boat dock and boat house are completely surrounded by water:






Someone else's boat is floating down the river:



The boat dock is beneat the surface of the water just beyond the hammock:




Another picture of the boat heading down the river:




Riley and Terryn watching the debris float by:




Dean "fishing" in the yard:



Jason and Cameron were clowning around and fell and I was laughing so hard I forgot to snap a picture of them on the ground! I was sure glad Jason wasn't riding home in my car like this!!!



Scene of the boat house from the landing on the stairs:




This is a usually slow-moving creek behind the Memorial Rose Garden downtown:





Later addition:


Erica sent me these photos taken with her phone of the guys in the water. Thanks, E!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LIKE DEANS "IDEA" DID HE CATCH ANYTHING???

U COULD SEND SOME OF THAT RAIN OUR WAY............

Pages

Pages - Menu