Thursday, July 19, 2007

I'm a Chicken, but I'll overcome my fears for a picture...sometimes

I do not like getting on top of my house. I'm usually not afraid of heights, and my house isn't that tall and the roof is only sloped a little. But I don't like climbing up there. Marty and Heather like to climb up there and look at the stars. They'll jump up on the porch rail and hop on up to the roof. Not me. Getting up isn't so bad, it's coming back down and using your foot to find that seemingly very skinny porch rail that's scary.

Tonight the sunset was gorgeous. Heather came running inside yelling "Mom, give me your camera so I can take a picture of this sunset!" Instead I grabbed the camera and ran outside myself. In the mean time Marty went out the back way, and came around to the front where I was snapping pictures and he was carrying the ladder. He set it on the porch and said, "Here, go to the roof to get a better view." See, he knows I don't like using the porch rail! It was still scary and I didn't like being up there, but the view was awesome!






Marty decided to get an even better view (plus he likes scaring the dickens out of me) and he pulled the ladder up to the rooftop, set it at the peak of the roof and climbed to the top!!! Erica sure enjoyed him making me so nervous!




As the sun set further and dinner was ready, we had to climb back down.

I REALLY don't like climbing back down!!!



1 comment:

busysingersmom said...

Wow! Those pictures are gorgeous!

Suzanne

Pages

Pages - Menu