Friday, March 28, 2008

Chiro Java


The day finally arrived. I posted here asking for your help in deciding which photographs I should choose to display/sell at the local coffee shop this month. Chiro-Java is a coffee shop downtown and every month they allow local artists to display their work for a month and can make it available to sell as well. I received the most feedback from that post and am thankful to all of you who left comments, left suggestions on my flickr site, or sent me emails with your opinions of your favorite photos. The decisions have been made, the photos printed, the frames/mats selected and last night was the night to hang the photos at the coffee shop.



Nana arrived yesterday morning, just in time for me to put her to work helping with this task! While I finished my work at the church office, she finished the task of getting the final photos framed for me. I'm actually very excited that she gets to be here in time to see the display and am very thankful for the help she, Erica and Marty were in getting everything framed and in place!!!! A HUGE THANK YOU to all 3 of you!!!! I could not have pulled this off in one night without each of you. With all 4 of us hammering, hanging, pricing, etc., it still took almost 3 hours just to get everything hung. What a wonderful opportunity Chiro Javo offers to local artists to display their work!







Erica and Nana just getting started.








Notice Erica busy yakking on the phone while Marty slaves away!








It wasn't long before Erica took my hammer away from me and got busy.









NOW is it straight, Erica?








Erica and Nana contemplate what should be displayed on one of the walls.









Erica busy hanging more prints.







I put Marty in charge of figuring out what I needed to display the matted prints on the pegboard walls. He arrived and looked at the wall and headed off to Home Depot to get what I'd need. It didn't take him long to come back and get right to work. Thanks Babe!!!








Some of the displays when we were through.








On Thursdays the coffee shop's open late and there's usually live music. I don't know who this man was, but we sure enjoyed listening to his music as we worked.






Nana made me pose with one of the displays when we were all through, so dorky or not, this one's for Nana!





Thanks guys for all your help!!!


If you live in the area, be sure to drop in to Chiro Java and have a look around any time to see what local artists have on display.





















4 comments:

E @ Scottsville said...

No thanks needed, it was actually kinda fun! Glad I could be of service. =0)

Linda Sue and I made a very good team actually. It was nice getting to know her a little.

Anonymous said...

From what I can see you done great with the pics.I wish you the best of luck!

busysingersmom said...

The pictures look beautiful! Wish I could be there to see them in person!

Anonymous said...

The pictures look great! Wish I could be there to see them. I hope you and Linda Sue have a wonderful visit.

Pages

Pages - Menu