Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Band Practice

Although the first day of school is less than a week away, the band has been practicing hard all month long. I decided to go early to pick Heather up from practice and grab some pictures. It was raining a little when I arrived and I didn't want to get my camera wet so I left for a bit and when I went back the rain was gone and the kids were back on the field.

They aren't allowed to practice on the football field so the band program has its own practice field, complete with yard markings.




This was the first practice I've watched so I wasn't sure which part of the field I'd find Heather, and I didn't know what clothes she was wearing for this practice. When I dropped her off earlier in the day it was for dance practice and she was dressed for that. I found her and circled her so you can find her too.




Although her instrument of choice is the french horn, there is no french horn in marching band. So, she had to learn to play the mellophone last year for marching season.


Sorry. I got distracted by the sky for a minute. This was the view behind the band.



I wonder how they keep track of whose all these water jugs are?

I'll have to zoom in on this one so you can see her face!

It's as if she's thinking "Oh my gosh! My mom is here...with her camera. I'm not looking at her. I'm not!"

Already they are doing well keeping their lines straight.



Are you ready for some football?


2 comments:

Debbie said...

Her Uncle Mike and I are so proud of Heather and her accomplishments!! And the regarding the close up picture of her she does look like she is thinking her Mom is crazy with that camera of hers! Keep smiling Heather cause I think your Mom is going to keep taking pictures.... Deb

busysingersmom said...

Wow - your school hasn't started yet? And here we are in good ole' MO in our second week! Our first football game is next Friday. And yes, Heather does look like she is ignoring you. ha. Our daughters have to love us, don't they? :D

Pages

Pages - Menu