Saturday, August 25, 2007

Happy Sweet 16 Heather

I can't believe I've been blogging long enough to have actually written 100 posts, but here it is....post 100! I thought it would be fun to post Heather's sweet 16 as post 100:



I think it's safe to say a good time was had by all at Heather's birthday party. Her teenage friends were invited to join us early in the day to enjoy swimming, playing pool, etc. Some adult friends were invited to come over later in the evening to roast hotdogs, marshmallows and be here for cake and ice cream.



I am not good at decorating cakes. Never have been and haven't decorated very many. But I have a new toy from Pampered Chef and since I didn't want to spend a lot of money on the cake, decided to try out my new toy. Here's Heather's birthday cake:

Heather's friend Shelby dropped by for a little while. Her family had plans for the evening, but brought her by to give Heather a birthday gift and let her hang out for a bit. We're so glad you were able to come by Shelby!

Michael and Travis chillin' in the game room.


Heather getting splashed in the pool.


All the teenagers lined up ready to jump in the pool together.
From the left, Heather C., David, Michael, Heather, Travis, Mathew, and Michele.




Just enjoying the water.





Heather and Riley. They fight like sisters, but once in a while we see a sweet moment like this.






Marty mid-flight in his "attack" on Erica.



And he gets her good!
Most of the teenagers roasting hot dogs with Freddie for dinner.
From the left, my mother in law Billie, me, Erica and Cameron roasting our dinner.

Erica's working on dessert while Rodney and Richard start their dinner.


Erica really enjoys her marshmallows!


Beverly blackening her marshmallows.
It seems both Nancy and Beverly prefer their marshmallows black.

Some of the kids enjoying the hot tub.



My father in law Freddie and my mother in law Billie. Thanks so much guys for letting us invade your house, pool, and game room yesterday!!!





Just hanging out with friends.




Time for cake!!! Happy Birthday to you, Heather!



It was getting dark so "Pappy" Freddie held the flashlight so Heather could read her cards as she opened her gifts.


Heather choked up when she opened a very touching gift from Granny. She gave Heather a locket that had belonged to her Granny and inside she'd placed a picture of both of Heather's late Papas (my dad and Billie's late husband). It was a very sweet, tender moment.


Before everyone left Heather, Cameron and Riley sang us all a silly song!

1 comment:

E @ Scottsville said...

Happy Birthday, Heather!

And yes, Tammy, it was a fun, relaxing day... (at least once the party started, right?). Thank you for letting us come and celebrate with you guys.

And I won't even veto that marshmallow picture of me - I'll get you back later! Besides, it is pretty funny. =0)

E

Pages

Pages - Menu