Thursday, August 2, 2007

Are We EVER Gonna Get This Pool Up????

Tonight was another night devoted to the task of getting the yard ready for the pool. I know, you're thinking, "You're not done yet???" Believe me, I'm right there with you! We spent the evening leveling the yard....BY HAND, people. No bobcat, no dozer, no loader. Just us and some shovels and rakes and one hoe....and friends willing to lend a hand.

But, there's something missing with these pictures....



Erica's hard at it with her shovel. But where are our men?



I finish the section of yard I'm trying to get mowed while we have a day with no rain. Erica continues shoveling sand.

Still....where are the guys???



This is better. A couple of teenage boys pitch in. It looks like we may get a lot done tonight if they keep this up! They are having a contest to see who can shovel the most, the fastest. Only trouble is.....a lot of it seems to be going straight up and coming right back down where they dug it from. Still....no sign of the guys???




Oh here they are! Silly me, it's time for their tea break...




And what's this? We're working this hard, and Heather is off monkeying around in a tree??? Who wants this pool put up anyway???






I think they thought they were going to have to work all night before I'd give them their supper!!! Seriously, thanks guys for all your hard work!!!!

6 comments:

E @ Scottsville said...

I loved it, Tammy! I was laughing so hard while I was reading. But HE heard me and came in here to see why I was laughing. Now he's gonna leave you a mean comment, I'm sure. ha ha ha

Enjoyed the night, even if you DID throw sand on me. Don't worry, I know you didn't mean to. (Uh huh)

E =0)

Anonymous said...

In a perfect world, women should do all of the work. Marty and I are starting a REVOLUTION. Grab your shovels and rakes, women, 'cause here we come.

Tammy said...

Go ahead, Jason, start your revolution. It wouldn't take long and you guys would come take the tools away from us and tell us we're doing it wrong anyway!

Anonymous said...

Which one was the hoe?

Anonymous said...

You are, Billy. :0P

Anonymous said...

WOW UR YARD ALREADY LOOKS COMPLETELY DIFF!!! IM READY TO MEAN ERICA AND HER FAMILY!! THEY SEEM LIKE FUN PEOPLE (NEVER A DULL MOMENT WHEN THY R AROUND?? :) BUT HEY TAMMY MY EMAIL IS BEING CHANGED SO THIS IS HOW I WILL HAVE TO COMMUNICATE W/ U OR BY PHONE MAYBE MONDAY THEY WILL HAVE IT UP AND RUNNING...NOBODY TOLD ME WHAT A PAIN IT WAS TO GO THRU A NAME CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TALK TO U LATOR LOVE YA

Pages

Pages - Menu