Sunday, August 19, 2007

Heather and Michael

Heather will be 16 in one week! I still have no idea where all the time has gone. Seems just yesterday she was 18 months old and running in to play with me after her afternoon nap.



We still don't allow her to go on dates, although we did let her attend a school dance this spring with her boyfriend Michael. Marty drove them and we picked them both up afterward. Our rule is if a boyfriend wants to spend time with her, he can go to church with her, see her at school, or he is welcome to hang out at our house as long as we are home. Michael has spent a great deal of time with us this summer. He comes to watch tv with us, has even gone on treks to take pictures with me when I've drug Heather along, and has even been known to sit at my kitchen table making jewelry. This young man really impresses me sometimes. He knows he isn't allowed to come to our house to see Heather if we aren't home. One day when I was at work his grandmother took him to my house to pick something up from Heather he had to have. Within minutes, Heather called me to explain the situation and to let me know Michael had been there, but on the porch and did not come inside and that his grandmother was in the car where she could see them. Not long after that phone call, Michael showed up at the church where I work. His grandmother drove him and he just wanted to let me know he'd been at my house and the reason and that he didn't go inside and that his grandmother could see him. I let both Heather and Michael know how much I appreciated them letting me know.



I know Michael's grandma is concerned he will wear out his welcome by coming by so often, but honestly we enjoy having him around. He's always well mannered and respectful, something I don't see in many teenage boys these days.



You've seen Michael's pictures in a few posts here and there, but this post is just pictures of he and Heather.




They often like to go down the road to Heather's granny's house to play pool. Here's a shot of Michael as he waits his turn:











Heather waiting...




She looks so serious!!!






But not as serious as he does in this one!




You're NEVER too old to enjoy a swing. I really like these pictures of them playing on Granny's swing. Granny keeps thinking it may be time to take down the swing because there aren't any little kids around anymore, but then some adults or even the teenagers will spend some time swinging and she reconsiders.



4 comments:

E @ Scottsville said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! How SWEET! ☺

We're pretty impressed with ya too, Mikey.

♥ E

photo_chiq said...

He must really like heather! It is so sweet that he abides by all the rules and that he spends time with the family when he wants to be with her. Boys that age only have one thing on their minds and it is refreshing to see that he simply wants to be around her and will put all other ummmm.. desires on the back burner. You dont see that in the city!

busysingersmom said...

I like the tire swing pictures. :) I am pretty exasperated with Briana's guy problems right now. Errr.......

Tammy said...

Photo_chiq: It IS refreshing, isn't it? I can only hope that she will always seek boys who respect her and us as much as this one.

Suzanne: I'm sorry you've had a rough weekend! I'm sure things will look brighter soon. Bri has always had a good head on her shoulders. Hang in there. I wish I was closer and we'd get together and find something to laugh about!

Pages

Pages - Menu