Thursday, August 16, 2007

More Spectacular Skies

Jason, Erica and the kiddos came over for dinner and to watch tv tonight. I decided to tag along with Erica to pick up their son Mathew from football practice. I grabbed my camera "just in case." I am so glad I did! The guys, however probably wish I had not. They were not happy with the delay I caused and were waiting on us to begin the program we wanted to watch. Poor Mathew probably thought he was going to starve before we'd take him home and get him some food! At one point we were almost home and we stopped for more pictures and he was very tempted to walk the rest of the way and was sure he'd beat us there. Turns out he could have, but I REALLY didn't think I'd be that long!!!

Tropical Storm Erin made landfall today, bringing even more rain our way. We got about 4" of rain today, whereas areas around San Antonio reached 5" and even up to 8" in some places. But, as the rain stopped this evening, the sky really looked pretty...


At first the sky looked like this so I asked Erica to stop so I could take some photos. As soon as we pulled over a cop went around us, drove up the road a little way, then came back to check on us.






Closer to home, this is how the sky looked:




But, just as we were almost to the turn-off to my house I could see that around the bend the sky appeared to have some reds and pinks in it. At one point I was walking along the road snapping pictures and Erica was driving on the shoulder on the opposite side so I wouldn't have to walk all the way back to the car. I'm sure the neighbors driving by were curious!


Mathew probably thought we were teasing him! We pulled off the road to turn in toward my house, but then decided to head down the road "just a bit farther" to see if we could get a better view:











Marty and Jason: I'm sorry we were so late. It's all my fault. Mathew: I'm sorry we didn't feed you sooner. We'll try to remember to bring a snack next time in case we get distracted again and forget to take you home. But, I'm not sorry we took the time to try to get these shots. Maybe tomorrow I'll play with them in Photoshop and see if I can remove some power lines. Stay tuned....

5 comments:

E @ Scottsville said...

You, Young Lady (but older than ME, of course), forgot to mention the part about me driving down the road with you STANDING UP on the passenger side seat with your body through the sun roof so you could take some of those pictures AS WE DROVE!!!

Trust me guys, it was a SIGHT! I wished I'd had MY camera so I could get a picture of Tammy taking pictures. =0)

E

Tammy said...

Silly me, I did forget to mention that, didn't I? Now you know, don't leave home without your camera!!!

photo_chiq said...

A photographer will do ANYTHING to get a good shot. I have injured myself more times taking pictures then doing anything else.
The sky shots are good hopefully your hair didnt get too messed up by standing out the sun roof...LOL..
I broke the door on my camera the other day.. dropped my baby on the floor, now we need a trip to the camera store for repairs :0(

Tammy said...

Oh no! I hope they repair it quickly so you won't have withdrawal symptoms long!

Anonymous said...

now you know how addicting taking sunset pictures can be. Lots of times joan and I have drug pop and Jerry along when getting sunset pics

Pages

Pages - Menu