Friday, May 25, 2007

Texas sunset

Ok, so my husband may be right. We have a standing disagreement that is as old as our marriage. He likes wide open spaces, no trees, and to be able to see far distances. I on the other hand have always preferred lots of trees, the bigger the better. He's from the land of wide open spaces and blue, blue skies...Wyoming. I grew up in the middle of the woods in the Ozarks of Missouri.

South Texas is disappointing in both of these aspects. The trees aren't very tall or big unless you're in East Texas. And the skies, well here in South Texas they are pretty gray and hazy most of the time. However, there are occasions where color peaks through and we even see some colorful sunsets from time to time. I rarely see them when that does happen...because we live in the middle of the woods. As short as the trees are, they are tall enough to keep me from seeing out!!! Typically by the time I notice there's color in the sky, in the time it takes me to drive out to the highway where I can see better, it's usually gone. I've been watching the sky a lot today because we've had a lot of rain and intersting clouds. Tonight it paid off. I could see some sunlight peeking through some of the clouds as it was setting so I grabbed the camera and hit the highway. I think I drove half way to town before finding a place I could see more sky than trees but it was worth it!











From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the LORD is to be praised.
Psalm 113:3

No comments:

Pages

Pages - Menu