Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!














How did you spend your Mother's Day weekend?




I spent Saturday catching up on some work at the office, snapped a few photos for you, and did some yard work. Is it odd that I'm 36 years old and my husband has to teach me how to mow a lawn? I've helped him once before but he felt so sorry for me because of my allergies that he took over and said I wouldn't have to do that again. As a child, if my older brother didn't mow the lawn my sister or mom did. I never learned how. There were always inside chores for me and helping to care for my younger siblings, which appealed to me much more than yard work anyway!!! When I moved out it was into an aparment so still had no lawn to mow. Then when my husband and I moved into a house, he worked on a farm and the house came with the job. One of the other farm hands mowed our front lawn and my husband took care of the small back yard. In Missouri we had so many rocks we didn't have any grass so once again, no need to mow. We've lived in this house six years and today is the 2nd time I've mowed. I'm very proud of him. It's his nature to stand guard and make sure things are being done right. He did that for a bit, but 2 times around the yard and I guess he thought I couldn't mess it up too bad and he went back to burning the brush pile and trying to repair the riding mower. We don't have grass yet, we live in the sand. We have weeds and stickers for a yard. And when you mow, you get a shower of sand and who knows what else blowing around everywhere. I spent a couple of hours mowing and I was litterally black from head to toe. I've never done anything in my life that has made me more filthy (at least not that I can remember right now!) Ugh! What a nasty job! Tell me again why I volunteered to help with this???




Our neighbors are still coming back for daily visits.....












And bringing friends!!! We still haven't seen any of their babies.





Do you think they'll still come around when we get all these weeds mowed?











I also created a photo book this weekend. For those of you who enjoy my photos of flowers and butterflies you may like the book. There are no captions, only pictures. Click the link at the top of the page to check it out. There are 2 versions of relatively the same pictures. One is an 8 1/2 x 11 vertically formatted book and the other is a 9x7 landscape formatted book. One has 2 photos per page for most pages, the other has a single photo on each page.







"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men,"















1 comment:

CPA Mom said...

I've been doing the yard work myself the last two weekends. When I was widowed, of course I did it all myself for a year. Then my husband (when I remarried) took over. He's been sick so I've "had" to do the yard work. It's hard work! But good for me to be active. My son follows me around with his toy versions of the equipment. Fun!

Pages

Pages - Menu