Thursday, May 17, 2007

More close ups

I'm still playing around with the camera to see how close up I can get without a macro lens. I like these results better than the last ones. Whatever these flowers are, I think I may be allergic to them. I didn't touch them but as soon as I got back in the car after snapping these my eyes began to tear and my head began to pound. Allegra here I come!!!














"the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace."

5 comments:

photo_chiq said...

Beautiful shots... A cheaper alternative to teh macro lens for close ups is magnafying filters... they wil allow you to get a cleaner shot. The pics are beautiful. The blur around the edges of the flowers would be cleaner with a magnifying filter... On the other hand nothing compares to teh macro lens.. I am still holding off on getting one too... they are rather expensive! Thanks for sharing your art!

CPA Mom said...

There is a ton of pollen on those stamen - I'd be sneezing too! My allergies are making me so miserable this year

Tammy said...

I'm using an inexpensive magnifying lens I recently purchased but am having some difficulties with focusing. Some of the flowers I shot yesterday had to be held still by my daughter. It was windy and the flowers wouldn't hold still. So...between the two, I was happy to get a few shots that weren't too bad. Not giving up yet... :)

Anonymous said...

Those are lillies -- and if you get the pollen on you it just will not come off. Clothes into the washer -- you into the shower.

Beautiful pictures, by the way.

Nan said...

Beautiful pictures! I am so excited to be getting my very own D80 (or better) in the next month or so!! I can't wait!

Thanks for the link in your sidebar! I have added you to my reciprocal links list. :^D

Pages

Pages - Menu