Tuesday, May 15, 2007

And the night was filled with beautiful music

The only photos I took at all yesterday were taken at my daughter's high school band concert last night. 3 bands each played 4 songs and they were really very good. (Of course my favorites were the ones performed by the band my daughter is in!) The final piece was a new composition presented by the top band at her school. The composition, "As We Shine, Singing, Over the Waterless Seas," was part of a consortium of twelve schools from around the country. It was the Southwest Premier of this new compostion and it was amazing. Anthony Suter, the composer of the piece, was present at the concert.

Typically I don't photoshop my pictures. If I get a good shot, I leave it at that and if I don't, then oh well...better luck next time. Last night's pictures were all pretty grainy...with the distance I was from the stage, the lighting in the auditorium and the fact that I'm still trying to remember which settings on my camera work best in which situations, I dind't get many good shots. So, I played with them in Photoshop. In a couple of them I ran some filters to make them appear almost painted. Here are the results of my (wasted?) time.






With trumpets and sound of cornet make a joyful noise before the LORD, the King.

No comments:

Pages

Pages - Menu