Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day

Did your Memorial Day plans go awry? Some friends were planning to spend the day at the beach and invited us along. My daughter is at a daytime dance camp this week, including Memorial Day so at first we said no. Then I decided she could spend the night with one of the other dancers and we wouldn't have to worry about getting home in time to pick her up, so our plans were in motion....until we watched the weather forecast. It was supposed to rain and thunderstorm at the beach. We got up early, checked the weather again and all decided not to go. Now what? The men decided to take our friends' kids and go watch Pirates of the Carribean 3. My friend and I went shopping...she for a new swimsuit, I for my remaining VBS supplies. Then we all met back at the friends' house for food. The guys spent the evening cutting down a tree that blew partway over in a storm while my friend and I just wondered around the yard and then decided to soak up some sun. While we were wondering around her yard, we found one lonely flower blooming:



"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."

John 15:13

No comments:

Pages

Pages - Menu