Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Historic buildings in Seguin

Seguin native, Janice Woods Windle, is the author of "True Women," a book that began as a cookbook of family recipes and essays to give a son as a wedding gift. The recipes were collected from women in the family and essays were written about each of the women. The collection became a novel upon completion. There is a self-guided tour in Seguin that depicts some of the places mentioned in the novel.
My aunt visited me and we took the tour and I thought I'd share of few of the photos:
The Women's Club Rooms: built 1902-1903, it was the first structure in Texas built soley for Women's Clubs.

This is the barn on the property where "True Women" author Janice Woods Windle grew up, and it sits on the property where the novel was written.




I'd love to know the history of this house!





Seguin's First Church.






This is one of the homes along the "True Women" book tour.




Remember the days of old; consider the generations long past. Ask your father and he will tell you, your elders, and they will explain to you.
Deuteronomy 32:7

1 comment:

CPA Mom said...

I love old houses - I'd like to know the story of that house too. And I'd love to live in a house like that green one...in a different color.

Pages

Pages - Menu