Thursday, May 24, 2007

I Hope You Dance

My daughter is a dancer. She hasn't danced in a studio in almost 3 years. Instead, now she dances on the high school dance team. I have always loved taking lots of dance pictures. These are some that I found on my computer or on discs close by. There are tons more in boxes and albums.




First dance recital. Ballet. Age 6.



First recital after moving to Texas. Backstage getting ready for tap number.

First ballet recital in Texas.



One of the many dance trips...this one to Houston for Dance Masters of America.




Her favorite dance is tap. This is one of her solos. I spent hours painting this costume for the teacher. She'd been watching "Cirque do Soleil" and wanted my daughter's costume to be similar to what she saw on "Cirque." My daughter can still remember what movie she sat and watched as I painted this costume (she had to wear it as it was being painted so the costume would still fit)







Just playing around with the camera at home after she got her first pointe shoes.





Her very first pointe class, first time at the barre.






Her last tap solo. This was an awesome piece and she's an awesome tapper!

Her last syrical solo. This was beautiful!!!

Backstage getting into pointe shoes for the first recital on pointe.






First pointe recital









She's won so many trophies over the years we don't know where to put them!


High School Drill Team.


"...a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,"

1 comment:

CPA Mom said...

I just can't get over how much she looks like you. Beautiful women..

Pages

Pages - Menu