Sunday, December 14, 2008

Family Christmas

Each year a Sunday close to Christmas is set aside for "Family Christmas." It is a time for individuals or groups of the church, or even relatives of members of our congregation to sing or play special music. As the pastor puts it, they present special music to God and we get to listen in while they do.

Heather participated by playing her French Horn with the ensemble in an instrumental rendition of "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel." She played the horn, our music minister Rodney played his trumpet, our friend Richard played his saxophone, our friend (Richard's wife) Nancy played the keyboard, and our pianist Janice played the piano. It was beautiful!





Heather with her horn.
Family Christmas Heather_horn





Rodney on his trumpet, Richard on his sax, and Heather on her horn.
Family Christmas Ensemble


Immediately following that Heather sang a solo, "O Holy Night." She did a wonderful job and after church many people were stopping to compliment her and I heard several who were amazed at the high notes she was able to hit. I tell them she certainly doesn't get her musical ability from me!
When I arrived home late this afternoon it was to find a surprise email in my inbox from my friend Erica, containing a video of Heather singing her solo. Thank you Erica!











4 comments:

C and C Mommy said...

You were awesome, Heather!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I was there to hear that solo! Heather did an awesome job.

Thanks for having us on short notice--we had a great time! Just wish the weekend had been longer...:)

Anonymous said...

Wow Heather that was awesome I will show Uncle Andy when he gets up. Thanks for posting that with us being so far away we miss so much of each others kid's lives.
Court

E @ Scottsville said...

You're welcome. =0)

Heather, I was very impressed! That's why I grabbed my camera and recorded. I knew that high note HAD to be captured on video. You sure made it look effortless. Grat job.

Pages

Pages - Menu