Saturday, April 5, 2008

Nana's Gift

If you've been reading here long you know I sometimes post poems my aunt has written. When she came to visit me last week, she brought a poem she'd written for me! She even had an old photo of me to illustrate it. I decided to post this poem too:


"Photographer Extraordinaire"
Once upon a time,
Tammy, a niece of mine,
Said to me,
"Let me take a picture of thee"
Or something along that line.
I said, "Just this one time."
Then that changed to a plea,
"My own camera, just for me."
Her mom, also becoming a shutterbug,
Came through with a 110 and a hug!
She went to school and studied graphic arts
Learned what sold in the marts.
She got married and taking pictures of the baby,
Putting her film in the fridge, one day maybe.
Now will you just take a look?
She has her pictures in a book
And she has a blog on line
For her pictures which are mighty fine.
All of this because one day her mom and I took the time
To allow her to take pictures on our dime.
Now her pictures are in
Chiro-Java Coffee Shop.
My niece Tammy is over the top!


by Sue A. (aka YFA, or Nana)
March 11, 2008




This photo was taken when I borrowed Nana's camera when I was in 7th or 8th grade.


3 comments:

E @ Scottsville said...

How sweet of your Nana.

And BTW, love the picture Tammy!
=0)

busysingersmom said...

What a great poem! And the picture is great too!

CPA Mom said...

Great poem Mom!

I love that picture of you Tammy. I've never seen that!

Pages

Pages - Menu