Saturday, September 22, 2007

Sunrise

For some reason my sleep schedule is all out of whack lately. Either I'm unable to fall asleep until very late at night, or I fall asleep at a decent hour but then am wide awake at 4, 3, or sometimes even 2:00 in the morning!!! This is Saturday, a day when I could sleep as late as I'd like since there's nothing but housework awaiting me today. But, no. Just before 4:00 I was wide awake. Again. So, I got up and surfed the net for a while, answered some emails, sorted some more pictures and woke Marty at 6:00. I said, "Come watch the sunrise with me." He told me to come back in a few minutes, to let him sleep just a bit longer. So, I did and a FEW minutes later I woke him again. He was a good sport and got up and we went for a drive to see the sunrise. We can't watch it from our yard because there are too many trees where we live. I first brought up the subject of watching the sunrise last night, so he was forewarned that I'd be waking him early. We had talked about taking the motorcycle, but he said it would be too cold this morning. He was right. When I got up it was 68 degrees and I was cold so I didn't hesitate to take the car instead. Yes, I was cold at 68 degrees. I'm a huge wimp when it comes to being cold!






It was just getting light when we headed out and the sun had not yet made an appearance. I took some photos of the peacefule, foggy morning.













































Then we decided to drive down to the river to see if there were any good photo ops there with the fog over the river. The fog was up higher on the hill but I was still able to get some decent shots.











When we drove back up the hill to check out the sun rise, this is what greeted us:









And now I'm in dire need of a nap!



No comments:

Pages

Pages - Menu