Saturday, September 1, 2007

Friday Night Lights

Finally! Last night was the first football game this season and it was a home game. Last year our season tickets were closer to all our friends, but right behind some people that must not bathe! It was so awful I would spend most of the game down with the dancers, taking their pictures. Marty accuses me of deserting him. Honestly, if I'd have stayed I'd have thrown up. It was that bad!!!! So...this year our seats aren't near as close to our friends as I'd like, but the people in that area don't smell (so far!) But, my mother in law and Freddie and another couple from church purchased tickets next to us and in front of us, so we do have people to talk to! (Yes, I'm one of those who sees a football game as another social event!) And, I think Marty's tired of explaining every play to me. He's probably thinking, "You don't KNOW all of this yet???" Poor guy! He does try to be patient but I'm sure I try his!


Are You Ready for Some Football???









Bad dance team photo mom! I forgot to go down to the field when I arrived to take pictures of the dancers lined up as the football players entered the field!!! So, I'll post the ones I DID take at half time and you'll get the idea how it went at the beginning!













Our guys on the field. Which one is Cheney cheering for this year? (Cheney - the 5-year old son of friends of ours - is the biggest football fan I know.) He always has a favorite player, but his favorite player from last year has graduated.



The dancers back in the stands.





Just before half time the dancers go warm up behind the stands.
This is Heather (on the right) with her friend Shelby. She and Shelby have been friends, class mates and have danced together since we moved to Texas.






After warm-up the girls all get in a big circle for a pep talk from their teacher.







I'm not tall enough and there's nothing to stand on so I just had to hold my camera up and take a bunch of pictures and hope I got a good group shot. This shot of their boots isn't what I was going for but I kinda like it anyway! Notice Heather's horn in the lower left corner???
I did not get many good shots of their half time performance. The band's pit equipment was right where I wanted to be for taking these pictures! Oh well. I'll have to find a way through it for future games!!!


Remember I've mentioned before that Heather is a dancer AND a member of the band??? It's always interesting to see her get from the dance to her place with the band in a hurry, without running (she's not supposed to run). Here she is getting to her place. I love that we can always spot her very easily on the field!!!! Last year Cheney always got a kick out of being able to spot her.


She made it!!!











Heather discovered last year, that because she and the other 2 dancers who are also in band stand out, the band director can easily spot if they march out of step. Thankfully, he usually told her she did well.


As it turns out, we lost the first game. Horribly. But, it's not a district game and won't count against us in district standings. This is also the only team that beat us last year during the regular season.

Go Mats Go!!!

4 comments:

C and C Mommy said...

Amazingly, Cheney picked out Heather when she was dancing. I couldn't believe it-I had to look twice to make sure he was right!!

E @ Scottsville said...

Man, I miss getting to cheer for the Matadors, but we had fun at our Falcons game, too. =0)

Riley still wants to go "MA - MATA - MATADOR, Matadors are what we are." We have to "shhhhsh" her and remind her that she's a FALCON now!!! =0)

Tammy said...

Lisa, I love that Cheney picked her out and I know that will tickle Heather. She adores Cheney!!!

Erica, We missed you too! Don't be shhing Riley. Maybe she's still a Matador at heart! :0) She'll adjust to being a Falcon by the next game I'm sure!

busysingersmom said...

Great game pictures! Heather looks so pretty and her legs are so long!!!

Pages

Pages - Menu