Saturday, June 30, 2007

Flowers in the dark

These flowers budded a few days ago and I've been waiting for them to bloom. When I arrived home late last night, they were in full bloom so I got back in the car and shined the head lights on them so I could take these pictures. My husband thinks I should just wait until morning, but with the grasshoppers you never know what will be left the next day!

These are the only flowers I have that still bloom. When our church decided to build a new building and pave the parking lot, a lot of the flowers had to go. The man who used to take care of the flowers every week brought me these bulbs one day when he was digging up what could be planted elsewhere. He said just toss them anywhere and they'll grow. That's exactly what I did. I tossed them at the end of the porch and never buried the bulbs. The've bloomed every year since then. Thanks, Eddie!





No comments:

Pages

Pages - Menu