Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Landa Park

Vacation has begun! My mom and my sister in law Lis arrived from Missouri Sunday afternoon. We are having a great time exploring south Texas! Monday we drove to Landa Park in New Braunfels. Monday night we went to the RiverWalk and the Alamo. Tuesday we drove to Fredericksburg. Today we explore Gruene and who knows what else! Following are pictures taken Monday in New Braunfels.


We stopped at Chick-Fil-A and these pretty pink flowers were blooming outside.




In Landa Park, we watched the ducks and geese,


enjoyed the many gorgeous views,


and rode the Landa Park Train (this is my mom on the back of the train).



Here we all are in front of the huge "Founders Oak" in the middle of the park. It's a huge live oak tree.



I love this gazebo. Think I can talk my husband into building one??!!!





We hiked a short trail along the water and found these flowers blooming here and there.
We had a great time but were so tired at the day's end!!! Keep checking back as I find time to post what we've been up to this week.

No comments:

Pages

Pages - Menu