Thursday, April 30, 2009

Visit to the Salvage Yard



My friend Nancy had an interesting idea for a photo op tonight. She suggested we head out to an auto salvage company for photos just before sunset. I was game so I met her there.


To be honest, photographing an auto salvage never occured to me. I grew up with a salvage yard as my playground across the field at my uncle's house. While I do like photos of old cars, I never have gone to a salvage yard in search of such photos. I do like Nancy's idea and we did get some neat shots. I am anxious to see how differently we each saw photo ops before us. I'm always amazed when multiple photographers converge upon the same destination and come away with distinctively different shots!


For the first in this series I'm only posting the emblems I photographed and you'll have to check back to see what else I got. For some of you this will be an enjoyable trip down memory lane.














































1 comment:

Dan said...

What a fantastically original idea! Love the images you brought back and can't wait to see more of 'em.

Pages

Pages - Menu