Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Flyin' high, high, I'm a bird in the sky...


Sorry, this photo just screams an old Abba song, don't ya think??? You know the one, the one whose chorus says:

"And I dream I'm an eagle

And I dream I can spread my wings
Flyin' high, high, I'm a bird in the sky
I'm an eagle that rides on the breeze
High, high, what a feeling to fly
Over mountains and forests and seas
And to go anywhere that I please"



Ok, now that I have Abba tunes stuck in your head (please don't throw rocks at me..I happen to LIKE Abba), on to the photos!

My mom shares with me a love of photography. She and her cousin JoAn can often be found scouring the countrysides of Missouri and Arkansas searching for photo ops. One such adventure found them near a meadow where an eagle keeps her nest. The have refused to share the location of this eagle with anyone. But when I was in MO for Easter weekend, my mom shared the location with me and took me there for eagle photos of my own. That was so cool! I found myself in the middle of a field, way out in what I call the boonies, watching an eagle on her nest. I stood there in one of the most peaceful places and listened to water running nearby as I snapped photo after photo, trying to capture a great shot of the eagles, yes plural, flying nearby. I so wanted to get closer and get better shots. But I stayed my distance and captured what I could. However the photos turned out, I cherish the memory of my outing with my mom. It was just she and me, cameras in hand, enjoying our favorite hobby together. What a morning that was for me!

















Enjoy browsing the photos while I go scrounge up my Abba cd's. For some reason I'm in the mood to give a listen....and as always to see the rest of the photos click on any of these to be taken to the gallery where they all are stored.




...but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31
















1 comment:

mom said...

cant believe no one has commented on this post, maybe they dont think its such a great thing to be able to get a shot of an eagle, this was a very special morning for me, good shots, good company, love ya

Pages

Pages - Menu