Thursday, January 7, 2010

10 for 2010

Ten things I'm going to strive to achieve in 2010 (Hats off to my cousin Carmen for I am simply copying her post title!)

1. Read my Bible daily. This was brought about by our church as we've all been challenged to COMMIT to read each day and given a One Year Bible with daily Bible readings for each day of the year. What a difference I've seen in my family after only a few days! Can you imagine what 365 days will do???

2. Get organized. Seriously. My life is a mess and I've got to get it on track before I drive not only myself bonkers but everyone around me.

3. Reprioritize. God. Family. Job. Church. Everything else.

4. Save money. Get back on a budget and stick to it. Rebuild the emergency fund.

5. Paint. More! It has felt wonderful getting back into painting and artwork. I've set a goal and booked the local coffee shop for the month of October to sell/display painted antique windows. So now, I've got to get painting!

6. Think positive. A positive attitude and frame of mind is contagious. It's also key to better overall well being. When I have a positive outlook I just feel better about everything in general. When I don't, it's easy to let things spiral out of control. Time to take control and put things into perspective.


7. Keep taking pictures. Keep striving for better photos and keep learning how to get the best shots in even the most difficult lighting situations.

8. Drink more water. I'm not ready to give up my sodas yet but I do know I need to drink less of them and more water. I have even begun to order water at restaurants (sometimes). Saves money too!


9. Let go. My daughter is 18 years old and will head off to college this fall. Time to let her spread her wings. While I may not always agree with her decisions/choices, they are hers to make. This one may be my hardest obstacle.



10. Get fit. I know exercise is important that's why it's on this list. It's at the bottom of the list because I do know that if I set too many goals and can't achieve them I'll feel like I've failed. This one made it to the list because I know it's important, but it's #10 because I know I have other things that I have GOT to work on before I can get to this one. I'm tackling these things one at a time to make some big changes in my life.



What are your goals for 2o10? Post yours too and comment here so I can come see what you've set for yourself.

No comments:

Pages

Pages - Menu