Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Wonder of Photoshop

I was very disappointed with all the power lines in most of the sunset photos I posted last time. As much as I love electricity and all that it brings to my home, I sure don't like all the lines messing up the views everywhere. So, I played in Photoshop to see what I could do about some of those photos. I don't spend a lot of time playing in Photoshop anymore, because well, when I get started it begins to really consume my time and nothing gets done. So I limited it to 3 pictures:






I like this orginal picture well enough, but to me those power lines are very distracting from the image I was trying to capture:






Voila! No power lines, and a wee bit more saturation and contrast:









Here I was trying to get under the power lines and still get a shot of the partial moon that was beginning to show through the clouds. I still got some power lines and the moon just didn't shine at all.







So, I removed the power lines and played with the contrast to try to get the moon to pop more and I bumped up the saturation some too.










I just love those clouds off in the distance, except the power lines are right in the way of the prettiest spot in the picture!







No more power lines!!!




And now let's zoom in on those clouds:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joan says :you have it bad ", but next time stick your camera through the fence, like we do

Anonymous said...

JUST THINK OF IT THIS WAY:
U PUT A LOT OF CROSSES IN UR PICS OF THE SKY!!!!!!!!

Jerry said...

Photoshop is awesome.. I even use it to eliminate my in-laws in family photos!

Pages

Pages - Menu